We have the fastest turnaround available anywhere in London and a full compliment of professional servicing options tailored to your needs.
Please note, as the workshop is busy with ski and snowboard builds throughout the year, you'll need to book an appointment to drop off and collect your skis or snowboard in advance. If you are unable to reach us via phone, its probably because we're busy pressing skis, so just drop us a line via email.
PREMIUM SERVICE (£40.00)
Our multi-stage Premium service option includes the following steps:
1. Full inspection by our service technician.
2. Base cleaning to remove superficial dirt and grease.
3. Hot scraping bases to cleanse P-Tex pores.
4. Belt grinding to exfoliate base, correct minor damage and remove minor rust from edges.
5. Repair to base/ edges. Severe damage may require a supplement.
6. Fine belt grind to smooth and flatten base, and remove fine P-Tex hairs.
7. Edge and base bevels set to desired angles and hand-sharpened for razor grip.
8. Edges de-tuned to your specification for hook-free riding.
9. Premium hot-iron waxing, hand scraping and finishing for a superior glide.
10. Final inspection and polish.
HOT WAX (£18.00)
Our hot wax service includes the following:
1. Base cleaning to remove superficial dirt and grease.
2. Hot scraping to cleanse P-Tex pores.
3. Premium hot-waxing, hand scraping and finishing for a superior glide.
BASIC EDGE TUNE (£17.00)
Our Basic Edge service includes the following:
1. Removal of any minor rust build-up.
2. Edges set to desired angles and hand-sharpened for razor grip.
3. Edges de-tuned to your specification for hook-free riding.
EDGE & WAX (£27.00)
This includes all the edging, waxing and base finishing steps from our Hot Wax and Basic Edge services.
STORAGE WAX (£18.00)
Our storage wax option follows the same steps as our regular hot wax service, but with a final layer of wax left on to protect your bases and edges. When you're ready to use your skis or snowboard again, just bring them back in and we'll complete the hot wax process as normal with a hand scrape and finish.
**Any servicing options that include the hot-wax service are available with the storage wax option - just let us know when you book in.
SKI BINDING MOUNTING (£47.00)
We're able to mount (or re-mount) a range of Alpine and Touring ski bindings. You'll need to bring in one of your boots too so we can carry out a binding check as part of the service. This involves setting your DIN rating, adjusting the forward pressure, checking boot compatibility, and adjusting the binding to fit your boots. If we're mounting bindings to a pair of Nix skis, then we won't charge you a penny!
**Please note that in order to adjust bindings, we will need to confirm some additional details such as your height, weight and skiing ability. Bindings will be mounted at the manufacturer's recommended mark, unless otherwise specified.
SKI BINDING CHECK (£15.00)
Bought new boots? Need to alter your DIN rating? Not a problem, we'll check your bindings and adjust them as required.
**Please note that in order to adjust bindings, we will need to confirm some additional details such as your height, weight and skiing ability.
SERIOUS REPAIRS (£POA)
Had an unexpected encounter with a rock? Got overly cozy with a tree stump? Don't worry, we're often able to repair severe damage to bases, edges or topsheets. Contact us to book an appointment with our service technician.
**Please note that any repairs to bases will also require a premium service. Once our technician has inspected the damage, they will be able to advise you as to what is required.
TURNAROUND & EXPRESS SERVICE
As standard, we aim to have your skis or snowboard serviced and ready to collect within one week of receiving them. Please note this may occasionally be slightly longer during particularly peak periods.
We understand that not everyone has time to wait for our usual turnaround time, so if you need your skis or board back sooner than our usual turnaround time, we also offer some Express Turnaround options.
- For a 3-day turnaround, we will charge a 10% supplement.
- For a 2-day turnaround, we will charge a 20% supplement.
- For a next-day turnaround, we will charge a 40% supplement.
**Please note, during exceptionally busy periods, or for servicing involving severe damage repairs, we may be unable to offer express turnaround service.To double check whether this applies to you, just get in touch.
OPENING TIMES & LOCATION
Our winter workshop opening hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 11.00am - 7.00pm
Friday 10.30am - 6pm
Saturday: 11.00am - 3.00pm
Our off-season workshop opening hours are:
Monday-Friday: 12am - 6.30pm
We aren't able to accept walk-ins so you'll need to book a time slot beforehand. If you aren't able to make it during regular opening hours, let us know as we're often able to be flexible - just drop us a line and we'll do our best to arrange an alternative time.
Nix Snowsport Co.
5 Carpenters Mews,
The workshop entrance is located on North Road, London, opposite the large Toolstation depot.
Our preferred methods of payment is cash or card upon collection. We can also accept Paypal payments and direct bank transfers, however these will need to be made before collection. If you require an invoice, please let us know and we'll be happy to provide one.